If you're a good salesperson, you can sell anything to anyone once. But your approach to customer service is what determines whether or not you'll ever be able to sell that person anything else.
Remember: you will be judged for what you do not what you say. If you truly want to have good customer service, follow these steps to have your customers coming back from more:
1. Answer the phone. When customers call it's because they want to talk to someone. Make sure you always have someone available who can take customer phone calls.
2. Don't make promises you can't keep. Reliability is one of the keys to any good relationship, and good customer service is no exception. Think before you give any promise - because nothing annoys customers more than a broken one
3. Listen and empathize. Customers want to know that they are heard and understood. If there is a complaint, let them know you sympathize with their situation. If a customer is interested in a new product or service, ask what problem they are trying to solve and what they are looking to achieve.
4. Handle complaints well. Poor customer service hurts your bottom line, and how you handle complaints is usually where things can go wrong. Do everything in your power to make the customer happy. Use complaints as opportunities to showcase how great you and your company are.
5. Go the extra mile. Great customer service is as easy as going above and beyond the customer's expectations. If a customer calls in with a question, send an email with a recap of your conversation for their reference. It's amazing how little things can make a lasting impression.
6. Throw in something extra. Whether it's a coupon for a future discount, additional information on how to use the product, or a genuine smile, people love to get more than they thought they were getting.
Great customer service pays great dividends, and over time it can bring in better customers than promotions or discounts ever will. Start today and watch the compounding effect a happy customer can have.
Our telephones are sales machines. Contact us to learn what we can do for you in just one phone sales campaign. Call 866-205-2268 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.